5 Tips on Book Printing2886486
Printing a book of your personal can be a dream come accurate. With advancements in technology, this dream can now be effortlessly realized. There are many industrial printers providing various printing services in the market. You can learn about your book printing options from these printers and can produce a book according to your specifications.
Tips on Book Printing
Book printing does not only imply placing ink on paper. Printing entails a number of elements that influence the overall appearance of the book. Therefore, you should approach all the areas of book printing carefully. Here are a couple of tips you must think about whilst preparing to print your book:
1. Size of the book: It is essential to first determine on the size of your book. Different sizes are available for different purposes. For instance, there are handbooks, manuals and mass markets. Choose the size that will enhance the look and general appeal of your book.
2. Method of printing: There are primarily three types of book printing: web press, lithography printing and digital printing.
Web Press printing is for a large printing run and in the range of 10,000 or a greater generally.
Lithography printing (offset printing - or sheet fed) is generally used with book runs in the range of 500 to 10,000 runs. Digital book printing is used for book runs in the range 1 to 500 books. Even though the unit price is higher than lithograph printing, the general price is less when a smaller quantity run is used in "Testing-The-Market."
3. Print on Demand: Print on Demand (POD) means that more copies of the book can be printed only when they are ordered by customers. This saves time, money and paper.
4. Formatting: Formatting is an important factor, which makes your book appealing and effective. Strange spaces, inappropriate fonts and incorrect margins can give your book a clumsy look. Make certain that your printer offers correct formatting to your book.
5. Binding: There are many types of book bindings, such as pamphlet binding, saddle stitched binding, side wire binding, spiral/coil binding, comb binding, ideal binding, lay-flat ideal binding, case/hard bound adhesive, case/hard bound smyth sewn, children's case/hard bound, children's board books and children's pop-up books. You can ask the printer for a specific type of binding, according to your preference.