5 Tips on Book Printing4030574
Printing a book of your own can be a dream come accurate. With advancements in technology, this dream can now be easily realized. There are many industrial printers offering different printing services in the market. You can learn about your book printing options from these printers and can create a book according to your specifications.
Tips on Book Printing
Book printing does not only mean putting ink on paper. Printing involves a number of elements that influence the general look of the book. Therefore, you should approach all the areas of book printing cautiously. Here are a few tips you should consider while preparing to print your book:
1. Size of the book: It is important to first decide on the size of your book. Various sizes are available for various purposes. For example, there are handbooks, manuals and mass markets. Choose the size that will improve the look and overall appeal of your book.
2. Method of printing: There are mainly three types of book printing: web press, lithography printing and digital printing.
Web Press printing is for a large printing run and in the range of ten,000 or a greater usually.
Lithography printing (offset printing - or sheet fed) is generally used with book runs in the variety of 500 to 10,000 runs. Digital book printing is used for book runs in the range 1 to 500 books. Although the unit cost is greater than lithograph printing, the overall cost is less when a smaller quantity run is used in "Testing-The-Market."
3. Print on Demand: Print on Demand (POD) means that much more copies of the book can be printed only when they are ordered by customers. This saves time, money and paper.
4. Formatting: Formatting is an essential factor, which tends to make your book attractive and effective. Strange spaces, inappropriate fonts and incorrect margins can give your book a clumsy look. Make sure that your printer offers correct formatting to your book.
5. Binding: There are many types of book bindings, such as pamphlet binding, saddle stitched binding, side wire binding, spiral/coil binding, comb binding, ideal binding, lay-flat perfect binding, case/hard bound adhesive, case/hard bound smyth sewn, children's case/hard bound, children's board books and children's pop-up books. You can ask the printer for a specific type of binding, according to your preference.