5 Tips on Book Printing17593
Printing a book of your own can be a dream come true. With advancements in technology, this dream can now be easily realized. There are many industrial printers providing different printing services in the market. You can learn about your book printing options from these printers and can create a book according to your specifications.
Tips on Book Printing
Book printing does not only imply placing ink on paper. Printing entails a number of aspects that influence the overall appearance of the book. Therefore, you should approach all the locations of book printing carefully. Here are a couple of tips you should consider while preparing to print your book:
1. Size of the book: It is essential to first decide on the size of your book. Different sizes are available for different purposes. For example, there are handbooks, manuals and mass markets. Choose the size that will enhance the appearance and general appeal of your book.
2. Technique of printing: There are primarily three types of book printing: web press, lithography printing and digital printing.
Web Press printing is for a large printing run and in the variety of ten,000 or a greater generally.
Lithography printing (offset printing - or sheet fed) is generally used with book runs in the range of 500 to 10,000 runs. Digital book printing is used for book runs in the range 1 to 500 books. Although the unit cost is greater than lithograph printing, the overall price is less when a smaller sized quantity run is used in "Testing-The-Market."
3. Print on Demand: Print on Demand (POD) indicates that more copies of the book can be printed only when they are ordered by clients. This saves time, money and paper.
4. Formatting: Formatting is an important factor, which makes your book attractive and effective. Strange spaces, inappropriate fonts and incorrect margins can give your book a clumsy look. Make certain that your printer offers right formatting to your book.
5. Binding: There are many types of book bindings, such as pamphlet binding, saddle stitched binding, side wire binding, spiral/coil binding, comb binding, ideal binding, lay-flat perfect binding, case/hard bound adhesive, case/hard bound smyth sewn, children's case/hard bound, children's board books and children's pop-up books. You can ask the printer for a particular type of binding, according to your preference.