5 Tips on Book Printing2953499
Printing a book of your personal can be a dream come true. With advancements in technology, this dream can now be easily realized. There are many commercial printers offering various printing services in the market. You can learn about your book printing options from these printers and can produce a book according to your specifications.
Tips on Book Printing
Book printing does not only mean placing ink on paper. Printing entails a number of aspects that influence the overall appearance of the book. Therefore, you should method all the locations of book printing cautiously. Here are a few tips you must think about whilst preparing to print your book:
1. Size of the book: It is essential to first determine on the size of your book. Different sizes are accessible for various purposes. For instance, there are handbooks, manuals and mass markets. Choose the size that will enhance the appearance and general appeal of your book.
2. Technique of printing: There are mainly three types of book printing: web press, lithography printing and digital printing.
Web Press printing is for a large printing run and in the range of 10,000 or a greater generally.
Lithography printing (offset printing - or sheet fed) is usually used with book runs in the variety of 500 to ten,000 runs. Digital book printing is used for book runs in the range 1 to 500 books. Although the unit cost is greater than lithograph printing, the general cost is less when a smaller sized quantity run is used in "Testing-The-Market."
3. Print on Demand: Print on Demand (POD) indicates that much more copies of the book can be printed only when they are ordered by customers. This saves time, money and paper.
4. Formatting: Formatting is an essential factor, which tends to make your book attractive and effective. Strange spaces, inappropriate fonts and incorrect margins can give your book a clumsy look. Make sure that your printer provides correct formatting to your book.
5. Binding: There are many types of book bindings, such as pamphlet binding, saddle stitched binding, side wire binding, spiral/coil binding, comb binding, ideal binding, lay-flat perfect binding, case/hard bound adhesive, case/hard bound smyth sewn, children's case/hard bound, children's board books and children's pop-up books. You can ask the printer for a specific type of binding, according to your preference.